Year-after-year rooftop avalanches cause hundreds of millions of dollars in property damage, personal
injury and even death. The best way to mitigate avalanche danger and reduce liability caused by sliding
snow and ice is by installing a scientifically tested and engineered snow retention system specific to the
snow loads expected on your particular metal roof profile—the focus of this course is standing seam
Did you know S-5! provides a web-based snow guard calculator to make it quick and easy to tailor a
snow guard system to your metal roof profile and project snow loads? This course offers a live tutorial to
teach you step-by-step how to use the S-5! calculator to run a job-specific calculation for standing seam
metal roofs with certifiable engineering.
You will learn how to set up your own account and what information is needed to run a calculation, such
as the roof’s snow load, building length, roof and panel dimensions, slope, etc. You’ll discover why and
where S-5! provides load test results for standing seam metal roofing on its website. You will learn the
math and science behind running a calculation and understand how to calculate a bill of materials.
1. Create your own S-5! Snow Guard Calculator account, log in and start a new project.
2. Discover how to locate the load tables for standing seam clamps if needed.
3. Learn where to find the roofing manufacturer, specific roof name or profile and material, roof
4. dimensions, seam spacing & pitch.
5. Generate an engineered snow guard system and BOM for any project.
6. Save all data to your personal project file for future access and reference.
7. Use the calculator to add multiple roofs to a project file.
8. Access the certification option (wet stamp) for any project calculation