Snow Retention Devices: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
This course provides a framework for understanding the importance of snow retention on roofs, examines various roof type applications, identifies applications that have proven more successful at retaining snow, and underscores the critical need for proper planning, calculating, engineering and installing of these systems. You’ll learn the critical need for proper planning, calculating, engineering and installation of snow retention systems.
Credit: 1 LU/HSW CEU credit
- Explain when and where you should or shouldn’t use snow retention devices
- List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
- Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
- Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
- List the common misperceptions and the science behind snow retention