AIA: Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Science-Fiction
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops of structures. Learn about the science of snow retention and proper specification techniques, as well as the do’s and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
Credit: 1 LU/HSW CEU credit
- Explain when and where you should or shouldn’t use snow retention devices
- List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
- Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
- Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
- List the common misperceptions and the science behind snow retention